What I feel went well:
- Use of mixed media such as etching, drawing, collaging and extending images
- Using masking tape to partially or completely conceal areas of the image to distort what the observer sees
- Layering of images in order to gain a complexity in each collage
- Irregular shape of the collages created resulted in a more aesthetically compelling finished presentation board which expresses the surrealism of the project through the unusual way it was presented
- The smaller number of finished pieces gave each individual collage more significance as, despite their having common themes, none of the images were largely comparable.
What could be improved/changed:
- Images appeared flat and still, unless enhanced with 3D aspects such as masking tape or string
- A full image with darker tones was never achieved as each collage was done on light paper, meaning a tonal range was not presented
- Background research felt lacking in this project for the specific techniques that I had chosen to do: e.g: other artists which use masking tape in their work.