Solving a problem: Wasted time printing

When recently making a design development sheet, I became aware that a lot of my time was being spent on printing off CAD drawings and research pictures- instead of sketching and putting the sheet together. This is a problem that I solved by planning out multiple sheets at once and printing off pictures respectively of the plan. By doing this, I have cut out the time spent on each individual printing job by combining multiple sheet ideas into one document. Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 16.25.07.pngAdditionally to reducing time spent printing, this technique has aided me in sticking to my plan more effectively, as I then already have existing images to work from.

As I have started to do annotations on each sheet, I am also finding that less time is being spent hand writing each note. Similarly to this, my sheets are now more professional looking and aesthetically pleasing- something which was suggested to me in order to keep a uniform style to my design sheets.

In reflection, I have found that planning each sheet and its contents means that I work more efficiently, something which I must do in order to keep up a sufficient pace to finish the project.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s