For my final design sheets, Helen highlighted to me the importance of showing my designs in their intended location. Specifically for me, this was exciting as it would add a realistic edge to my images which is something that I have been seeking throughout this designing process. By doing this, I have found that my ideas and designs have become something tangible as I live at Crescent, meaning I have been looking at the same unchanged spaces for a year, which are now being edited and enhanced with my own ideas. Using Google sketch up to add my photoshopped image onto the back panel of the balcony- in an effort for the ‘glass’ to appear transparent.
Here, I used multiple techniques, such as the grass tool, along with adding shadows, figures and re-cladding the wall in order to reach a finished image which I am happy with.
What I have found most difficult about this process of digitally editing designs onto an existing space is ensuring that the perspective and scale is correct- as I am adding the designs to real life pictures (which cannot have a varied perspective).
I feel that I have done this to a standard which I am happy with, as it appears to clearly convey the image which I am seeking to explain- of showing the designs in their intended setting whilst also showing scale and possible uses.